View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)
Bobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Default thanks for asking guys, i really have no idea if this is true

http://www.pennlive.com/daily-buzz/2...urning_bo.html

Quote:
Pa. woman who doused burning boyfriend with urine speaks out
Posted on July 18, 2017 at 7:47 AM
By John Luciew jluciew@pennlive.com

Is Leigh Ann Sepelyak, 38, the hero or the villain in the bizarre story of a burning man in western Pennsylvania saved by a bucket of urine? The girlfriend who is accused of setting her boyfriend on fire before putting him out with urine is speaking out for the first time.

Is she the hero or the villain in the bizarre story of a burning man in western Pennsylvania saved by a bucket of urine?

Speaking out for the first time, Leigh Ann Sepelyak, 38, who is accused of setting her boyfriend on fire before putting him out with a bucket of urine, shared her side of the story.

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Sepelyak, who has been charged with attempted homicide, arson, recklessly endangerment in the case, says she didn't set her sleeping boyfriend on fire in the July 9 incident in Penn Hills, Allegheny County.

Speaking from his hospital bed last week, boyfriend Grady Spencer, 31, backed his girlfriend's account, saying he accidentally burned himself and his girlfriend accused of the crime is the one who saved his life with her quick thinking regarding the urine bucket. (Tribune-Review/TribLive.com)

This is despite the fact that Penn Hills police say she confessed to the crime.

Instead, Sepelyak tells the Post-Gazette she had been drinking vodka all day on July 9 and took a "benzo" pill with her boyfriend, Grady Spencer, 31, before they both fell asleep in the basement of a parent's home.

When she awoke, her boyfriend was on fire, she told the Post-Gazette:

"I woke up to a bad gas smell and flames everywhere on the bed so I jumped off," she said in a text message. "I was in shock, but I reached for my boyfriend's urine jug and put the fire out instantly."

(The couple was using the urine bucket due to the lack of a bathroom in the basement.)

But her story differs sharply with Penn Hills police, which says Sepelyak confessed to intentionally pouring gasoline on her sleeping boyfriend, then lighting a match to set him ablaze, burning 25 percent of his body.

Her alleged motive was anger over a recent argument among the couple.

Now, Sepelyak tells the Post-Gazette she confessed only because her handcuffs were too tight:

"I told them I wasn't aware how it started (after 1st hour) [sic] then had to say something to get free to save my circulation in my hands," she said. "They would have left me there for days by the way they were acting."

Speaking from his hospital bed last week, Grady Spencer backed his girlfriend's account, saying he accidentally burned himself and his girlfriend accused of the crime is the one who saved his life with her quick thinking regarding the urine bucket.

His account is that he was drunk, spilled gasoline on his lower body while attempting to fix a "weedwhacker" over the weekend, then lit a cigarette and caught himself on fire - only to have Sepelyak save the day by dousing the flames with the now-famous bucket full of urine.

"If she didn't use urine, it would have been a lot worse. My crotch would have been melted if she didn't," Spencer is quoted by TribLive.com as saying. "I can only thank her for that."

For now however, the charges against Sepelyak still stand.

Bobby Wong is offline   Reply With Quote