Old 05-15-2019, 09:44 AM   #231
limitthis
Hecka Arab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
limitthis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
listened to it today, it's not terrible, but she's pretty off base with reality. This $15 min wage, and more for California, pushing upwards of $20-22 is comical. Plus every 15 minutes I hear "I'm a combat veteran, 16 years" NO BITCH, YOU'RE IN THE FUCKING NATIONAL GUARD. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

She talks like Obama and sounds like a politician. I hate it when they give those "yesses" in between when someone's talking too them, or telling a story, like they relate. It's so fucking fake. I agree with her on wars and countries we don't belong in, we're not the world's police, shouldn't be able to write policy that directly benefits you, but all that good ole boy shit will never change. She didn't mention immigration at all, so that scares me. She has no shot of winning.

Off base with reality? I agree, any candidate that doesn't give at least a nod to what is basically a war machine of a country has little chance being elected President. But that reality includes a failure to provide a decent social program network including proper care for the veterans who fight your faux wars.
limitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #232
limitthis
Hecka Arab

I mean listening to a politician is hard enough but do you really want to listen to one more towing the line?
Old 05-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #233
limitthis
Hecka Arab

Old 05-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #234
blake
2013-2015, 2018 SKATZ FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 32 Thread(s)
blake has a reputation beyond reputeblake has a reputation beyond reputeblake has a reputation beyond reputeblake has a reputation beyond reputeblake has a reputation beyond reputeblake has a reputation beyond reputeblake has a reputation beyond reputeblake has a reputation beyond reputeblake has a reputation beyond reputeblake has a reputation beyond reputeblake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Plus every 15 minutes I hear "I'm a combat veteran, 16 years" NO BITCH, YOU'RE IN THE FUCKING NATIONAL GUARD. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

she actually served two tours of duty in the middle east. it's common for members of the national guard to get deployed overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
He said something along the lines of how awesome a sad and depressed me would be for weeks of grief posting too.

blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:27 PM   #235
Hillbilly Jim
Skates

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 45 Thread(s)
Hillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This $15 min wage, and more for California, pushing upwards of $20-22 is comical.

so you think employers paying their employees a living wage is more comical than the taxpayers having to subsidize their government benefits?
Old 05-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #236
Kneesocks_Johnson
Skatz Plebeian

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kneesocks_Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeKneesocks_Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeKneesocks_Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeKneesocks_Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeKneesocks_Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeKneesocks_Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeKneesocks_Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeKneesocks_Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeKneesocks_Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeKneesocks_Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeKneesocks_Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

if Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras etc just raised THEIR minimum wage, then the people there wouldn't be so POOR that they had to come here to work for OUR minimum wage. do you idiots even read Rolling Stone?
Kneesocks_Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:10 AM   #237
Hillbilly Jim
Skates

Tagged: 45 Thread(s)
Hillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond repute

no but i saw that caravans of americans are going to canada to get insulin and are depleting canadas supply
Old 05-17-2019, 03:07 AM   #238
Behemoth
Captain Hemo

Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Behemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
she actually served two tours of duty in the middle east. it's common for members of the national guard to get deployed overseas

Yes, I know Chang, but she's prolly going into town and giving kids measles shots. She isn't a combat medic or a combat vet. She's in the fucking national guard.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:10 AM   #239
Behemoth
Captain Hemo

Behemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Jim View Post
so you think employers paying their employees a living wage is more comical than the taxpayers having to subsidize their government benefits?

If you're industry is already looking ahead to robotics, and you have to increase the wage significantly, there's no reason why they wouldn't go ahead and pull the trigger. Also, you can't have McDonalds bump their employee pay up to $15, and not expect a bump at the menu.

Also, a huge tax reform is needed, and we need to sew up things like welfare and ACA.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:13 AM   #240
Behemoth
Captain Hemo

Honestly Jim, do you REALLY feel like it's fair that I pay for a woman who hasn't worked in 10 years to just keep shitting out kids?