Gare-a-Lago The tri-state area's fourth largest hogcoin investing forum

Go Back   SkatzPoker - Tough tities. > SKATZ FORUMS, BRO > Gare-a-Lago

User Tag List

Old 09-21-2017, 05:48 AM   #1
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)
Bobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Default on the trail of the elusive duck hammer

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...ming-hammers_o

Quote:
Shark Corporation

24-oz. High-Brow Claw Hammer: I was surprised when I pulled “The Duck” out of its box. This Asian hammer is unlike anything I’ve seen before. It has a long nose like a trumpet, a rounded high-brow head and sharply curved claws, all set atop a long straight wood handle. You can fit a nail between the claws and the back of the head for starting beyond your reach. There are little hammer faces on each side of the head so that you can drive nails or hit nail pullers with the hammer cheek in a tight spot.

I found this tool interesting, but it wasn’t well received in the field. My carpenters said it was poorly-balanced and they didn’t like the “Duck” head. And, although you can yank out a 16d nail with only one pull, they didn’t like the curved claws either. The straight handle was unpopular them, too. It only costs $25, but even this bit of good news did not sway their opinion of this strange bird.

Bobby Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:49 AM   #2
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

Bobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nuthousehardware.com/Item97928

Quote:
24-ounce High Brow Claw-hammer
$ 22.99

Out Of Stock
Tools > Tools > Tools by Power Source > Hand Tools > Manual Striking & Nailing Tools > Striking Tools > Claw Hammers
SHA-202160
Shark Corporation
24-ounce High Brow Claw-hammer

Old 09-21-2017, 05:50 AM   #3
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/03/...p/07/index.htm

Quote:
They have duck head hammers with fascinating characteristics. There is a cat’s paw claws like a nail puller and highbrow rocker design. They also have a built in nail set, three striking surfaces that can side strike or strike with the elongated head to keep the nail penetrating after the first point of impact. Common hammers have a very small sweet spot but the Shark Duck Head Hammer uses the entire head as the sweet spot making nail driving a sheer pleasure. They come in three sizes with or without a milled head (shown is the smallest version).

Old 09-21-2017, 05:57 AM   #4
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

http://www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/UNUSED-S...-/361549188817

Old 09-21-2017, 06:06 AM   #5
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00004TBQI

Quote:
4.0 out of 5 stars wish it had a wood handle

By Christopher R. Ringon October 29, 2011
Verified Purchase

Ive had one of these over 8 years and I love it. Wanting to get another, I am disappointed to see they only have the plastic handled version. My old one has a nice long octagonal wood handle. I am not sure if it was "shark" brand since the decals have worn off. I'm ordering the plastic one to see if otherwise they are the same tool.
EDIT......
After receiving the new hammer, I see the shark branded one while good quality, is not to the same standard as my old one. There are subtle differences in proportion, and the hammer face itself is quite a bit smaller. I used it in the shop today and its a great tool- it has good balance and I like the long handle, but I am continuing my search for one like my original. I suspect it was a Japanese manufacturer and the shark is a knock-off.

Quote:
1.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS!!

ByDaniel S Petersenon July 26, 2013

I am a professional woodworker and have owned several of these hammers. I love the balance and feel of these hammers BUT.... and this is an important "but"....I have had two of these hammers shatter and splinter and on both occasions metal ended up being lodged in my flesh. The first incident was a surprise. I thought I had been stung by a wasp as I was on a ladder working near a possible nest. When I noticed blood on my shirt and a sizable sliver of the hammer missing,I applied a rare earth magnet to the wound and saw the sliver reverse itself from the puncture.I thought this was a rare anomaly. The second incident required a surgeon to cut the fragment out of my finger.Painful and expensive.I promptly retired these from my kit(dumpster).Just a word of warning.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:33 AM   #6
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

https://web.archive.org/web/20061030...p/Hammers.html

Quote:
More Force, Less Effort Using Principles Of Karate:
The ancient Japanese art of self-defense – Karate – is based on the principle of concentrating beyond the point of impact. This is the same principle utilized in the High Brow Claw Hammer design. A slanted neck puts the hammer face at an acute angle in relation to the handle. This special design creates a greater force that penetrates beyond the head of the nail. It maximizes the depth of the hit and drives the nail deeper and faster, yet minimizes the effort to deliver the force.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:49 AM   #7
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruTvIZFkqwU

Old 09-21-2017, 04:25 PM   #8
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tools/comme...up&sh=4ca24036

https://imgur.com/a/1jAHl

Old 09-21-2017, 06:13 PM   #9
Hillbilly Jim
Skates

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 45 Thread(s)
Hillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond repute

I gots ya duck hammer right here

Old 09-21-2017, 10:34 PM   #10
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

your comments are not helpful jim