Gare-a-Lago The tri-state area's fourth largest hogcoin investing forum

Go Back   SkatzPoker - Tough tities. > SKATZ FORUMS, BRO > Gare-a-Lago

User Tag List

Old 07-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)
Bobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Default official nunchuck law thread

In order to get everyone informed as good as possible, I dared to copy information right from Pro Nunchaku!!

Here it is:

All information was collected to the best knowledge and belief. But please don't rely on this list too much! Don't try to make me responsible for your actions.

Africa

America

Canada
Nunchakus are illegal!!!

US, California
Posession illegal, as I just read in another topic!!!

US, Massachusetts, New York....
Nunchuckus illegal!!!

US, Texas
Nunchakus are legal

South America

Brazil
legal (source of knowledge: FNF-member Renato. Thank you!)

Asia

China
totally legal.

India
Nunchakus are legal.

Indonesia
Nunchakus are legal.

Korea
Nunchakus are legal.

Philippines
Nunchakus are legal.

Viet Nam
Nunchakus are legal. Thanks Puati... :thumb:

Australia and Oceania

Australia
Nunchakus are forbidden!

Europe

Austria (AUS)
Nunchakus are no more treated as a manslayer and as a result they are legal.
(Bundesministerium für Inneres, Generaldirektion für die öffentliche Sicherheit, Erlass vom 24. September 1981, Z. 59.30/29-II/13/81)

Belgium (B)
Nunchakus are forbidden!

Finnland/Suomi:
Chux seem to be legal...quoting ookkerpak´s story

France (F)
In France nunchakus are weapons of the 6th category. You may buy and posses it but not you are not allowed to carry it with you in public. For transport you should put it in a bag and place it in the bottom of your backpack.

Germany (D)
Nunchakus are forbidden weapons, see WaffG 2002 Anlage 2 (zu § 2 Abs. 2 bis 4) Waffenliste and WaffG 2002 § 40 Verbotene Waffen. Since 24.04.2006 soft-nunchakus are forbidden, too.
WaffG

Great Britain (GB)
Even though Nunchaku are not illegal in England, there are strict guide lines you have to follow. 1. You cannot carry them concealed anywhere on your body. If you do and you are stopped by the police YOU will be charged with having an offensive weapon, and you could end up getting a big fine / penalty or even imprisonment. 2. You are allowed to transport them but they have to be in a lockable bag, I’VE a sports bag with a zip. Something so you cant have quick access to the Nunchaku 3. If you wish to practice in public places with Nunchaku it is recommended you tell your local police station of your intentions, where you will be training, when and for how long. give them a try you maybe surprised how co-operative they are. what they don't like is members of the public phoning them and telling them there is someone using Nunchaku in a public place, as they have to respond to it as someone using an offensive weapon and you will be treated accordingly. It would also help if you had some public liability insurance to cover your self ( This is not a requirement ) as if you make a mistake and you hit a member of the public you will be covered in any civil matter. this also shows how serious you are in the art of Nunchaku and it does look better when you Tell the police about training in public places. (Info from David Casey, England)

Hungary (HU)
Nunchakus and any device, which is designed to increase the effect of a hit is prohibited to carry. Possession and training in a dojo is allowed (Info from Gabor Vass, Hungary)

Ireland (IRL)
No information yet! Mail legal state in this country

Israel (ISR)
Nunchakus are legal! (Information received by fnf-member wizzra!)

Italy (I)
Nunchakus are legal and are sold even to teenagers without limitations. If you carry a nunchaku with you, you should have a good reason for that. But if you can tell that are on your way to your local dojo you won't have any problems. Similar situation for knives, baseball bats and so on. (info von period, Italy)

Lithuania (LIT)
Nuchakus are ilegal.

Netherlands (NL)
Nunchakus are illegal, but Softnunchakus are legal.

Poland (PL)
In Poland nunchakus are strictly forbidden. Soft-nunchakus are legal and treated like toys. (Info from the_d, poland)

Spain (E)
Carrying nunchakus is prohibited in Spain.

Sveden
Nunchakus are illegal in Sveden.

Switzerland (CH)
Buying, carrying, possesion and import of nunchakus is strictly forbidden. Soft-nunchakus are allowed.
(WG/LA: Art. 4 al. 1 lit.d; 5 al. 1 lit. c; 33; 34)

Romania (RO)
Nunchakus are illegal!!!

Ukraine
Nunchakus are illegal!!!

If anyones country/state is missing... please just give report on this thread... may be we can solve this question for all countries on mother earth!?

Please help to have this list as complete as possible...

CHUCK ON!! :chuck:
Bobby Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

Bobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond repute

In August 2000, police came to my home after a telephone company employee claimed that I had pointed a rifle at him from within my home. (There was a telescope involved, but no rifle.) When police arrived, they had neither a search warrant nor an arrest warrant, so I refused them entry. As a result, the situation escalated, and a team of police surrounded my home, cut off my phone lines, and persisted for twelve hours in demanding that I exit my home and surrender. They never obtained a warrant during that entire time. Nevertheless, after twelve hours, myself and my family worn out, I stopped asserting my constitutional right under Payton v. New York, 445 U.S. 573 (1980), of which I was well aware at the time, and came outside peacefully. In my absence, the police searched my home, finding my nunchaku under a couch.

I was never charged with resisting arrest, nor indeed with any “intent” crime (other than the alleged “menacing” of the phone worker, which was ultimately dismissed separate and apart from any plea bargaining), but the nunchaku found in my home gave rise to a misdemeanor possession charge against me that was not resolved until January 2003, when I pled guilty to a violation (not a crime), upon which all charges were dismissed.

Less than a month later, in February 2003, I commenced the federal constitutional challenge that was originally titled Maloney v. Spitzer, was later renamed Maloney v. Cuomo, and is now known as Maloney v. Rice. In the case, I sought (and continue to seek) a declaration that the criminalization of the mere possession of nunchaku in one’s own home is unconstitutional.

As the District Court noted in its reported opinion, Maloney v. Cuomo, 470 F. Supp. 2d 205 (E.D.N.Y. 2007), “The criminal charge[] for possession of nunchaku was based solely on in-home possession, and not supported by any allegations that the plaintiff had used the nunchaku in the commission of a crime; that he carried the nunchaku in public; or engaged in any other prohibited conduct in connection with said nunchaku. Thus, the only criminal activity alleged against the plaintiff was his possession of the nunchaku in his home.” In that same opinion, the District Court ultimately decided that neither the Second Amendment nor any other federally guaranteed right prevented New York from defining the mere possession of nunchaku in one’s own home as a crime punishable by up to a year in prison. The Second Circuit affirmed that decision in January 2009. Supreme Court review has been sought in a petition for certiorari that counsel filed on my behalf on June 26, 2009. As I write this post on July 4, 2009, we remain hopeful that the United States Supreme Court will review the case. UPDATE: In late 2010, the Supreme Court granted certiorari, vacated the judgment of the Second Circuit, and remanded. The case is now once again before the District Court. Papers filed in Maloney v. Rice since its remand back to the District Court are now online here.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

jim is this true?

Old 07-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

Last edited by boomroasted, bro; 07-24-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:32 AM   #5
Behemoth
Captain Hemo

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Behemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond repute

Nunchuks are cool if you don't have a gun
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:37 AM   #6
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

https://www.apnews.com/f6fc6ffac3ca4eaa9dd4ff07be0c7c48

Quote:
Federal court says NY ban on nunchucks unconstitutional

NEW YORK (AP) — A 1974 New York state ban on nunchucks that was put into place over fears that youth inspired by martial arts movies would create widespread mayhem is unconstitutional under the Second Amendment, a federal court has ruled.

Judge Pamela Chen issued her ruling Friday in a Brooklyn federal court on the martial arts weapon made famous by Bruce Lee.

The plaintiff, James Maloney, started his legal quest after being charged with possession of nunchucks in his home in 2000. He initially filed a complaint in 2003, and appealed all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court when the case went against him. The Supreme Court in 2010 remanded the case back down to be reconsidered in light of a Second Amendment decision it had made in another case, and Maloney filed an amended complaint later that year.

Maloney had been focused on getting the part of the law overturned that banned nunchucks, two rigid rods connected at one end by a chain or rope, even in private homes.

In her ruling, Chen said the court couldn’t simply take that part out, and ruled that the state’s law as it pertained to possessing nunchuks as well as to manufacturing, transporting or disposing of them was in violation of the Second Amendment.

The ruling went over the history of the ban, and said it “arose out of a concern that, as a result of the rising popularity ‘of ‘Kung Fu’ movies and shows,′ ‘various circles of the state’s youth’ — including ‘muggers and street gangs’ — were ‘widely’ using nunchaku to cause ‘many serious injuries.’”

In an email to The Associated Press, Maloney said “perhaps the most amazing thing” was getting more relief than he had asked for.

Maloney, a professor at the State University of New York’s Maritime College, said some of his motivation was outrage. “How could a state simply ban any and all possession of a weapon that had a long and proud history as a martial-arts weapon, with recreational, therapeutic and self-defense utility,” he said.

Maloney also wanted to teach a form of martial art using nunchucks that he created, which he calls “Shafan Ha Lavan” to his sons, the ruling said.

The suit names the Nassau County district attorney as a defendant. The county’s lawyer had no immediate comment.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:07 PM   #7
Hillbilly Jim
Skates

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 45 Thread(s)
Hillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly Jim has a reputation beyond repute

nunchucks are hecka therapeutic
Old 06-11-2019, 12:32 AM   #8
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk